Monday, August 5, 2013

Monday's and a very emotional weekend...

Happy Monday everyone!!! or is it??

So my Monday has been pretty eventful. Filled with all kinds of chaos and disorder! Nothing like coming to work with an e-mail box full of requested to have equipment and computer moved TODAY, when I normal have a requirement of 15 business days! EXCELLENT!

- Artwork of Lauren - 
 Now off to some sad news. This past weekend I learned that a near and dear friend of mine is not doing well. Her name is Lauren and she's 16 years old. She was diagnosed with Metastatic Retroperitoneal Undifferentiated Soft Tissue Sarcoma on December 3rd, 2009. According to her website, she had endured five different chemotherapy protocols, 36 radiation treatments and two relapses. On June 10th, 2013, her family was told that the disease in her lungs has continued to grow in spite of the Cryoblation that was performed in order to freeze the tumors. Conventional therapies are no long an option. She had started on RSO (aka Rick Simpson Oil / Cannabis Oil) in the hopes of shrinking the tumors.

With this being said, it was brought to me this past weekend and Lauren is not doing well. Lauren's breathing has become difficult and very labored. Her family is trying to keep her as comfortable as possible.

If you have known me, there are very few things in this world that really hit me hard. Number 1 on my list is Children with any kind of health issues. Be it, cancer, any kind of mental disorder or even as small as a broken leg. It truly bothers me. Children have no reason to have any kind of disorder, let alone cancer. At 16 years old, Lola (Lauren) should be outside hanging out at the mall, chasing boys, or even learning how to drive. She should be gearing up for her SAT to get into a major university. She should be getting her parents worried about what kind of boy she's going to bring home for them to meet! Instead, this very lovely young lady, is fighting for her life...

Think about that for a few minutes...

- Lola and her Mom Cherri -
Is this fair? is this something that parents around the world should have to deal with? NO! NO ITS NOT! Cancer is something we should not have to worry about until well into our lives! Maybe 50, 60 years old. But to see a young lady like Lauren having to fight for her life, while I sit here typing this up, leaves me in tears. It is not fair. It is not something that ANY human being should have to go through, deal with or sit through.

I have met thousands and thousands of people in my life time. Through my music career, my DJing, my artwork, and even through the hospitals; but no one has ever effected me as Lauren has. The interesting and inspirations part about this entire puzzle... I have never met her in person. How is this possible? I know her mom. I have known Cherri for about 6 years now, and learned about Lauren during the time I have known Cherri. Needless to say, I have become a friend of theirs and watched this process unfold. There have been some sad times and there have been some happy times. But the fact is, I am proud to say that I know Lola. I am proud to say that Lola has effected me. I am proud to say that my outlook on children and kids in general has changed because of my affiliation with Team Lola and her family. But most importantly, I am proud to say that Lauren is my hero!

My post on Facebook to Lauren and her family this weekend:  I know that in some other place, and at some other time, we will finally meet. No matter where or when, I will be there with open arms! There are no words that can express the amount of love, respect and admiration I have for you. I want you to know, I will forever remember your fight and dedication. You will forever be memorialized in my heart, mind and soul. My contributions going forward will be in your name! Lauren, I love you and your family dearly and want you all to know that you are in my thoughts and prayers.




-Chad V. Romano - TEAM LOLA!!!!
You Are My Hero! "I love you to the moon and back!"


No comments:

Post a Comment