Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Tank Tuesdays!!!! Where is MR. LOBSTER???

So, welcome to the first installment of Tank Tuesdays! This will be a dedicated area towards my fish tanks.

Blow-pop... Medium sized Pleco.
Just so you know, Lynn and I have 2 tanks set up in our bed room. The first one is a 10 gallon fresh water tank which houses 2 Red Nose Tetra's (named Thunder and Lightening) and 1 Black Skirt Tetra (named Jeffy) as well as a medium size Plecostomus (named Blow-Pop).

The other tank is a 30 gallon saltwater FOWLR (Fish Only With Life Rock) set up which houses a Percula Clownfish (named Lovie - Female), Ocellaris clown fish (Dovie - Male), and a Yellow Watchmen Goby named Ice (aka Grumpy). Along with the fish, we have a Tiger striped snapping shrimp (Fire) and 2 cleaner shrimp named Jose and Juan. and finally, we have a Blood Shrimp named Mr. Lobster.

Fire and Ice (Tiger Pistol Shrimp and Y.W.G.)
This past weekend we noticed that Mr. Lobster has been missing and we're not sure where or why he's disappeared. My guess is he has probably died or was picked on by one of the other shrimp. Mr. Lobster was a very shy shrimp and never really came out to feed or move around the tank. I have learned over the past year, that shrimp are very territorial, and I'm thinking the few times that Mr. Lobster tried to come out, he was bullied and never left again.

Sunday afternoon, I had decided to take a nap, and while laying there watching the tank, I had noticed something move pretty quickly. Something that I hadn't seen in my tank before. I jumped out of bed and saw what looked like some kind of medium sized crab. The only thing I can come up with is that he hitch hiked from our live rock. I'm also curious to know if he's the one that has been eating some of the macro algae I have placed the the DT (Display Tank), which disappeared rather quickly.
RIP MR. Lobster!!!

Not sure how this is going to play out, but I will keep you informed! I have one life that has been lost, and hope that this mystery crab doesn't claim anymore!

Have a great night!

-C

No comments:

Post a Comment