Friday, August 9, 2013

IN LOVING MEMORY OF LAUREN "LOLA" SCOTT CHIODO...

Today is a very sad day.

I learned yesterday at 8pm that my dear friend Lauren passed away on Thursday morning @ 8:05am.

Lauren Scott left a huge impression on me, and thousands of people. She leaves behind not only her family and friends, but a huge legacy. She had taught us all how to be brave, loving, strong and most importantly, face your fears head on!!! 


As I stated on Monday's post; nothing upsets and pisses me off more than a child losing their life to something like Cancer. Lauren had carried herself for a long time with this terrible disease. Not only her, but thousands if not millions of children are effected. I do not understand why. I cannot comprehend the meaning behind it. However, I do know that all of the children in the past are now surrounding Lauren in a ceremony of love, overwhelming happiness, as God hands her her very well earned golden angel wings. 


I feel deep in my heart that Lauren, and a very select few have been given these golden wings as a sign of love, as they are the leaders of their time. They are the teachers that have left this earth so early yet have taught us all a lot about ourselves, our lives, and our family. They have taught us more than any of our grade school teachers, parents, or even grandparents combined. The simple love and affection, leadership, and bravery are what are so awe inspiring. 

Lauren has affected me in such a huge way over the past few years. Not only because of the awareness she brought to the table, but because she was so kind hearted. I remember just seeing images of all the cool things that she has done over the past year, which most people have never done in their 70 years on this earth. Lauren has been a huge inspiration. She has been a tremendous teacher. Yet, she has been one of the biggest leaders of my life. At only 16, it’s hard to believe that so much can be learned from her in such little time.


As stated before, her legacy lives on with me. She is held so high in my heart and mind that I will never forget the things she has taught me. I hope that her family realizes that she has been a huge part not only in my life, but in everyone’s lives. Team Lola is more than a group of people who shared the story and legacy of Lola, but it is a family who on this day are in mourning of one of the single greatest leader of our generation.

Lauren “Lola” Scott Chiodo’s legacy will forever live on in my heart, and the heart of Thousands. I promised her, her mother and her family that I will continue to drive the force that is Team Lola. I will continue to be involved in the awareness of Pediatric Cancer. And most importantly, we will all "Stay Strong", “love each other to the moon and back” and “Love Like Lola!”

Rest In Paradise my dear Lola, gone from us so early, but will never be forgotten!



 
Lauren “Lola” Scott Chiodo
1997 – 2013

-Chad V. Romano
Team Lola

Team Evilbass

No comments:

Post a Comment